05 November 2008

Late night, totally worth it.

A little over two hours ago I came home very tired from an Election Night Party at a little rum shop down the street from me. Everyone there was very excited, and everyone here (as well as the rest of the world) was hoping and hoping that Obama would win.

A little less than an hour ago CNN announced that Obama had won. Although at this point I was at home sitting on my couch, I felt an immediate energy rising up from myself and everywhere. It was glorious.

Now I'm still waiting for the acceptance speech, even though I'm behind on my sleep and my cooking for the week. But it'll be worth it.

Thank god. Thank everyone who voted. Thank everyone for the support from all over the world. Things were going to get better either way. It's just better this way.

Here's the speech FTW!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy. I stayed up until 1:30 just listening to people. I was watching Jim Lehrer on PBS when the speech came on.
I noticed that they did not go back to the studio camera after the speech, and it was because Lehrer was all choked up. He sounded like he was crying and sniffling. So many many people seem very very happy. It's a new day for America and the world!
Yippee!!!!
love meowm

Vick said...

'just caught up on the last blogs. Your apartment is nice. Do you have need of school supplies? We have things in our bookroom that we donated and/or we are going to dump. Let me know. I can get your address from your mom. Things are fine here. I did an election unit at school last and this week. The "local" primary election was for students who are of good character and then on election day they voted for two in each class as well as for president. As in Jeff Davis Co. the vote went to McCain. There were only three of us on campus for Obama, so we quietly celebrated in my office on Wed!! I pray our country will be on the mend. I also hope Bill's and my years of hard work will still pay off in 7 years. Time will tell. Stay safe, stay positive and enjoy the adventure! Love ya, Auntie Vicki