09 May 2009

Misspeaking and Cheering

Looks like I spoke too soon about the Teachers Union pay crisis being resolved. It isn't. In fact it's as far from resolved as ever.

On Tuesday this week they held another meeting (another day away from school) to discuss the government's offer. The teachers continue to demand payment (the full 7.5% increase in salary) by the end of this month, or else. The government still says it doesn't have the money to do that, period.

So we'll see.

Yesterday was the District 6 Sports Meet, where all the schools in the Vieux-Fort area came together with their best athletes. There was a very good showing, and thankfully the weather finally let up, so we just had a few light sprinkles throughout the day. Plainview Combined won the day, but Vieux-Fort Infant/Primary came in second! I sat with the VF Infant teachers, and we had a great time cheering for our track stars in both VF schools. I came home with a slightly sore throat from yelling for my kids.

All the athletes lined up by school. The two schools I work at are both on the far right.
I think this is the Under 9 Girls 80 meter Dash. A girl from VF Primary is winning by a long shot!
Students, teachers, and family from Vieux-Fort Infant and Primary
For those of you in Austin, I'll be home August 5th-19th! Diana will come and visit the second weekend I'm there. I'm super excited for all of it!

No comments: