20 August 2008

Donating



I went to the Blood Center of Central Texas today to donate blood, since I know I won't be able to for a while. I was sure to eat lots of iron-rich foods in the past few days, since the time before when I tried to donate here I couldn't because I didn't have enough. It went fine until I was halfway done: like the last two times I donated, I started to get lightheaded, and my vision went grainy. I knew better this time, and let them know how I was feeling early on, so that I wasn't scared I would actually pass out this time. Well, I guess two-thirds a pint of blood are still useful, right?

I got free snacks at least.

Actually, they handled it a lot better and more quickly than any other place has. Maybe it's because it was better staffed, or because some of the doctors were older and more experienced, but I felt better about their response overall.

No comments: