26 August 2008

Training, Day 2

Second day, it was a full day spent in the hotel conference room. I gotta say, this is just as if not more interesting than college orientation. Though we were tired and needed breaks, it was still well organized and most of the activities were effective in getting their points across/starting a new topic.

I went to lunch at Subway, got a footlong, I'm saving the second half for tomorrow morning. For dinner my roommate and I had planned on going to Versailles, a place a lot of peeps went to last night, but it's kinda far away, so instead we went to La Patagonia Argentina. The outside was dimly lit, and there seemed to be thick blue curtains in the windows (though in reality they were thin white ones with blue light shining on them), so it seemed sketch at first despite the good reviews. Once we got inside, however, we found a very lovely, low-key-but-classy little restaurant. The food was pretty good. I had the Pollo 'Santa Cruz' (chicken stuffed with spinach and mozzarella, with potatoes on the side). Ashley had Tiras Asadas (short rib, with a salad). We agreed it was a good restaurant and that we were glad we didn't walk a long way at night for the other place.

Tonight we had to repack some stuff, on the off-chance luggage gets lost in transit, so we'll have some clothes and our toiletries in our carry-on. However, the main prob I see with this is that I have more liquids (in <3oz containers) than can fit in a quart zip bag. :-/ I guess I'll see how it works out in the morning, if I have time.

We check out at 6am, since with nearly 40 people it will take time to load the bus, unload it, get our tickets and passports and go through customs and security, all that kinda stuff. (I just checked the St. Lucia customs website, it looks like I don't need to worry about anything.)

Well, it's time for sleep since I need to get up at 5!

No comments: