15 February 2009

A fun Valentine's Day

On Friday I was able to leave work early (sort of unfortunately--the Ministry of Education hasn't been able to go in and make Belle Vue Combined's computers compatible, install software, or set up a network, so I wasn't teaching IT classes as planned), so I went and bought some headbands, including a nice sparkly red one. I needed it for Valentine's Day.

Here for V Day people wear red and white. I tried asking Fae why, what it stood for, but there didn't seem to be any particular meaning to it. I actually have (had) no red articles of clothing whatsoever, so I bought the headband, and also wore pink and white. Good enough.

In the morning yesterday Berney and I got on Skype and chatted and watched Shawshank Redemption together. It was fun. I also gave him an awesome "card" that I had been working on for the past week:

Later Fae and I met up at the grocery store, and we came back here to make pizza and white chocolate coffee brownies. The pizza had fried eggplant on one side and tuna on the other, in addition to bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, and spinach underneath the cheese. Everything tasted really good. We watched Mamma Mia, which was kind of awful but definitely fun.

I missed out on meeting up with some other volunteers to hang out in Soufriere, but I had fun anyways. :)

Today I cleaned my house more thoroughly than I had been in the past month and a half, and then I built a spaceship!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your spaceship rocks! ^_^
So you have been putting eggplant on your pizza too huh? It's better than I had expected. Never tried it s a topping pre-PC.