25 October 2008

Pikchas!

18/10/08 Pigeon Island (it's not an island, which is why I always end up calling it Pigeon Point) Picnic
It rained on us just when we were going to start eating!
Some of our crew in front of some of the ruins of the British post established in 1778.
This is just a really bad picture of all of us.


22/10/08 Swearing-in Ceremony

That's me reading in Kweyol, introducing the NGO group.
Dr. Stephen King of Rise, Inc. This was the feature address of the ceremony.

Afterwards we went to Spinnakers. This is a toast proposed by Scott to the end of our training and to wish Judy good luck in Dominica.Everyone signed a great big card for her. We'll miss you, Judes!
This is my apartment. This is the living/dining area.

The most important room of the house, of course:
The stew I made Tuesday morning. Green plantain, dasheen, pumpkin, okra, pinto beans, carrots, cabbage. But I need to put some meat or at least bullion cubes in it next time.
The first morning I lived here I found this little guy sliding around my bedroom floor. How cute!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

your apartment looks ginormous!! i want to dress up as house for halloween and finally be able to put that cane you gave me to good use :)