01 October 2008

quick mid-week update

I was supposed to have an assessment of sorts yesterday while at my internship, but the person who was going to assess me couldn't make it. So I'm expecting a call from him to reschedule for tomorrow, although I have a shadowing assignment with another PCV tomorrow, so I'm not sure how it'll all work out. If we had had more time & info about the activity & assignment I don't think there would really be a problem, but here we are. Flexibility is one of the PC qualities emphasized, after all.

I got a package from my mom today! It's very exciting. I have clothes--more t-shirts, shorts, pants & such. Thanks mom!

I'm nearly done with The Hobbit, and next I will move on to God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater by Vonnegut. I like reading. :)

On Saturday I was bitten many times by mosquitoes. There are small red spots all over my legs still left, but even worse, there are a couple of very red patches where I must have been bitten by a spider or something. These spots itch still!
During training up in Castries we've taken to playing "Suzette" by Herb Black, the Soca Monarch for 2008--it's an award-winning calypso song, in other words. Well, when you listen to the song you have to dance to it if at all possible. So I've gotten plenty of (toned-down) wining and shaking and "bat-bat"ing in at the office. Here's a good video of it, since you can see also what the schools here look like from the outside. It's hilarious and awful though that he's singing this song for kids, and having them dance to it. Try to figure out what the song is about. Check out the blue video on youtube too, it has the song with full music quality but no video.

Manman bakes cakes (like coffee cakes, but moist and better than any kind you'd find in a store), and they are delicious, and it's a good thing I'm moving out in two and a half weeks, because I'd get fat really quickly otherwise.

No comments: